We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, we will never sell or pass your information on to third parties for marketing purposes. Please read the following to understand how we treat your data held by African Odyssey UK. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 the data controller is : African Odyssey. 29 Oakleigh Court, London, N1 7LR our principal place of business online via our website: www.africanodyssey.co.uk
1.Informatiom we might collect from you
- Information provided by you when filling in forms on our website www.africanodyssey.co.uk (“our site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, when purchasing items on our site, or completing forms on our site.
- If you contact us, via email or other written form of communication we are likely to keep a record of your correspondence.
- We will keep details of transactions you carry out with us including time and date, items purchased and amounts paid. Will do not store or keep card payment details.
- All visitors to our site are logged including time, duration of visit, your location and IP address. We also collect information on browser software used to access our site and type of device being used.
- To make our service more efficient we may collect information on the types of purchase you make.
- We may identify you by using a cookie which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. See our cookies policy.
- All of our online transactions are processed securely by PAYPAL.
- We do not store your credit/debit card information ourselves.
- Your credit card number is encrypted when your order is placed using SSL encryption software. PAYPAL then inform us, via an encryption system, on the outcome of that transaction.
4. Your personal data
- If you have an account with us you will be asked to create a password. Or we can create one for you. Please do not share this with anyone. We cannot read your password (it is generated randomly)
- No African Odyssey representative will ever ask you for your password.
5. Uses made of the information you provide us
- We use information held about you to improve our service and optimise your shopping experience.
- Where you have consented we may use your data to inform you of products which we think might be of interest to you, To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you. We will NEVER share this information with any other third party.
- We may, as need arises, use your information to inform you of changes to our service or policies.
6. Disclosure of your information
- 6.1 In the event that we sell our business we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of the business.
- If required by law enforcement agencies for the purposes of fraud protection we may divulge your details.
7. Your rights
- You can request that your details held by us be deleted at any time by emailing us: site.admin(at symbol)africanodyssey.co.uk
or writing to us:
AFRICAN ODYSSEY DATA ADMINISTRATOR
12 Maple Close, High Wycombe, Bucks, HP12 3LW
- Please note- links from our site to other sites will have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the data and privacy policies of third parties.
8. Access to your information
- The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you by us.
- Any access request may be subject to a fee of £5 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.